The purpose of an energy audit is to analyze the energy flows in a building and understand its energy dynamics. During the energy audit, the auditor looks for opportunities to reduce the amount of energy input into the building without negatively affecting the output(s). Beyond simply identifying the sources of energy use, an energy audit seeks to prioritize the energy uses according to the greatest to least cost-effective opportunities for energy savings.
An energy audit is an assessment of your home that takes a look at current energy consumption. An energy audit lets you understand where and how energy is used. Understanding where and how your home uses (or wastes) energy empowers you to make productive changes to your home or lifestyle.
Yes, after making the changes suggested by Ybranium you can expect power savings
Though an energy audit requires very little work on the homeowner’s part, there are a few things that you need to do before your audit:
- Know the locations of your heater(s), hot water heater(s), and air conditioner(s).
- Provide YBRANIUM with a recent energy bill. This helps us to identify areas where you can save on energy costs in your home.
- Prepare your home
- Empty your clothes dryer and your oven.
- Safely restrain any large pets (cats, dogs, etc.).
- Refrain from using your fireplace for 24 hours before the audit. If possible, please remove ashes from the fireplace.
- Allow for clear access to your heater & hot water heater
- Remove any knick-knacks from your window sills (we’ll need access to your windows)
- Please be aware that the energy auditor will need access to all areas of your home. If there’s anything you’d prefer he or she not see, please put it away.
After the audit, the YBRANIUM will prepare a report based in the auditor’s findings. In the report, the homeowner can expect detailed plan for energy-saving work that can be done in the house, as well as recommendations for improving your home’s performance in general.
Based in these recommendations, YBRANIUM will provide a proposal for services that can be carried out by our skilled technicians.
Yes! An audit is your first step towards reducing your energy bills and saving you money. it’s a great, inexpensive way to plan improvements to your home/commercial/industrial. You might be surprised to find out that there are simple things you can do to reduce your energy bills immediately. YBRANIUM will work with you to develop a plan that works with your budget, and most importantly, save you money.